Wednesday, July 13, 2011

Gramma Wolfie two-faced doll pattern available in the shop!


Hi! This Red Riding Hood inspired pattern is finally finished and available in the shop. It was a somewhat painful process to get to the final design, but you can rest assured this pattern has been thoroughly tested and edited! It is in PDF format and includes detailed step-by-step instructions, lots of diagrams, and color photos. This pattern includes a 1/2 inch seam allowance, which is a bit bigger this time and easier to work with.


There's an option to make the bonnet out of either eyelet trim or wide grosgrain ribbon. I've included a Resources section that lists specific colors and where to buy in the end of the pattern.

 

I'd say this is an advanced beginner/intermediate level pattern because of the number of steps, but it uses only basic machine and hand sewing methods. It is written for folks who are familiar with sewing terms. You can read more details in the shop if you are interested.

Here are more sample photos:



The Little Red pattern is coming next. Stay tuned for updates!

11 comments:

  1. These look so fantastic! Job very well done. Thanks for your comment on my beach robes. I think they would be pretty easy to modify for your girls. You could use a hoodie to use as reference to adjust the size. It's pretty forgiving since the sides just overlap and are secured with the tie, so it doesn't have to be a perfect fit. I say go for it. You could totally do it :).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You should have seen my granddaughter eyeing these! The other patterns in your shop, too! If I'd had a camera within reach at the time, I'd be sending you a shot of her face. :) needless to say, she loved them!! So another intention is added to my ever-growing pile! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations dear Larissa, what a sweet idea and great pattern! The outcome of all your thoghts and rethoughts is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's adorable, Larissa! Your flicker group is going to be flooded soon. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, you guys! So much! I'm so glad it is DONE! Whooo! Now I am thinking of a little red riding hood...

    Katie, I'll have to put it on the list for now. But maybe later...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely adorable! can't wait to see Little Red!

    ReplyDelete
  7. It turned out great! I love the face shape/expression you ended up choosing!

    ReplyDelete
  8. These are great, Larissa! Beautiful job!

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!