Thursday, June 7, 2012

big floral papercut



I worked on this big ol' papercut a while back while I was in the groove of the floral papercut cards. It didn't turn out very well at first, so I put it aside and waited for inspiration to strike so I could finish it.

I love the strong black background and the punch it gives to the arrangement on the mantel. I have a terrible urge to drop what I'm doing and make an applique quilt just like it.

Made from art papers, cut by hand, with colored pencil accents. In an IKEA frame.

(I have felty plans for that bell jar too. Found it on sale at Ballard a while back. It needs something taller in it for sure.)

14 comments:

  1. I like it, Larissa! The colors are very retro. :) Hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. A lovely mantel display Larissa. Now, enough of this stuff, on to designing new dollies!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jenny, yes, I'm doing very well, same for you?

    Kate, whose blog is this anyway? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the papercut as well. It's great inspiration!

    How about a fern or two in with the mushrooms for some height?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Did you create the birds and nest scene (I think that's what I see anyway) in the small frame as well?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Suzy, you read my mind. Fern frond and fiddlehead was my idea too.

    Xenia, no that is a Charley Harper print. Love his work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It looks great! Can't wait to see what you come up with for the bell jar.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Soooo pretty, and easy for wall art.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful and I love all the detail.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I want the little dome with the mushrooms! Did you make it??? If not, where did you get it?

    ReplyDelete
  11. meredith919, that dome is a bell jar (cloche) from Ballard. The mushrooms are ones I made way long ago when I was trying to avoid cleaning my house, http://mmmcrafts.blogspot.com/2009/10/mushroom-avoidance-crafting.html
    I'm going to add to it to give it some height!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is great, Larry. You know I have always had a thing for tole. And I love the fern idea, too. Gorgeous! Can't wait too see it.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks Larissa! I love your blog! You give me such great creative ideas!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love it! Great use of color as always.

    ReplyDelete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!