Wednesday, November 15, 2017

Piper Piping pattern now available!


On the tenth day of Christmas,
My true love sent to meeeee...

Ten pipers piping!


I'm so happy to tell you that this 10th pattern in my Twelve Days series of ornaments has piped his way into my Etsy and Craftsy shops! If you'd like to read more about my Twelve Days series, here's the resource page.

You may think to yourself, Wait a minute...Pipers are not number ten. They are number eleven! And you'd be right...in the modern version of the carol. But my Twelve Days series is a throwback to the original carol from 1780, so the order is a bit different. But here's the beauty of DIY -- you can number your ornaments any way you'd like. Huzzah!


All three of these ornament samples were made using Benzie felt from the Bundle #4 (Colly Bird and Piper Piping). I will be posting a specific Benzie felt and floss color guide soon so you can make ornaments in these same colors if you like! 


These ornaments are much easier to make than you might think because of a magical, printable Sulky stabilizer that adheres to the wool felt. You basically print my pattern to the stabilizer, stick it on the felt and embroider on the lines. No pattern piece tracing or embroidery transferring. It's FANTASTIC.


I really enjoyed the design of this one. I like the look of the fishbone embroidery on his tunic, and his feathery hat. I wish I could supersize his coat and sashay around in it. I hope you enjoy making your little pipers! Love to see what you make. Tag on Instagram with @mmmcrafts and #twelvedaysornaments.

Getting close to the end, y'all! I've got Lady Dancing* started. I am still hanging firmly on to my resolve to get this series done and dusted before 2018 arrives, despite the looming travel and holiday craziness coming at me. I CAN DO THIS. I've already informed my family I will be a minimal presence for December. Like a ghost who lives in the attic.

Speaking of holiday craziness, I have a Black Friday/Small Biz Saturday/Crafty Sunday/Cyber Monday sale coming in my Etsy shop, with a 20% coupon. Stay tuned for the announcement on Thursday the 23rd. 

*Why no alliteration for the Lady, anyways? What happened there, carol writer? She could be Lady Laughing. Lady Larking. Lady Listing. Lady Lolloping. No?



6 comments:

  1. They are stunning! 👏👏
    Keep going... you can do it! 💕

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I CAN DO IT, Grandma G! haha. Thanks for cheering me on.

      Delete
  2. They all look gorgeous! I've been holding out because they don't match anything in my theme of holiday decorating but boy are you ever tempting me to change things up!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha! LostnThought, I apologize for possibly derailing your decor mojo! :-)

      Delete
  3. Wow, Larry, these are really special. Can't wait to look at all those pretty details up close! <3<3<3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Bob! All the hearts to you! Yes! can you believe your serial Christmas gift will FINALLY be complete???

      Delete

Hello. Enough about me. Let's hear from you! If you post a question, I answer with a reply comment, so be sure to click the 'notify me' box as you post your question to receive the answer via email. Thanks!